Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The 8-8 fire at the Freedom Tower that wasn't. A failed conspiracy?

When I first saw reports of a fire on the 88th floor of New York's new Freedom Tower, built to replace the twin towers...well let's just say it caught my attention.

On the 8th day of the 8th month on the 88th floor a fire was reported just before 8 am.  That certainly is a lot of number eights. The terrorist attacks of 9-11, the 7-7 attacks on the London transit system, all seemingly neatly packaged around convenient numbers, I didn't think the convergence of all these number eights could be mere coincidence.

And the news was all over the place.  Some media were reporting a false alarm, others that the NYFD had put a fire out, some said the building was completely vacant, others that the person who called in the report had merely seen the arc of a welding torch, in a building that was vacant.

Amidst all these conflicting news stories, I saw on my Google news feed this headline from the Jerusalem Post:   90 firefighters battle blaze at WTC site in NY  


Thinking however that it might not be available (and it appears it no longer is) I cut and paste the article for later reading.  Here is the text of the article:


Report: 90 firefighters battle blaze at new WTC site in NY 
By JPOST.COM STAFF 
08/08/2012 15:33 
Some 90 firefighters were fighting a blaze that broke out on the 88th floor of Manhattan's One World Trade Center (1WTC) on Wednesday morning, NBC New York reported. Currently under construction, the sky scraper is being built at the site of the World Trade Center towers that were destroyed in the September 11, 2001 terror attacks.
The New York Fire Department said the fire was reported at 7:45 a.m., NBC NY reported. The cause of the fire was unknown.



Now I don't consider myself to be a tin foil wearing conspiracy theorist, but I don't consider myself to be naive either.  All these stories, and especially the one in the Jerusalem Post, well they got me to thinking.

As near as I can gather the fire was reported by a citizen at 7:45 am.  If there was supposed to be a fire at the Freedom Tower, 8am would seem the logical time given all the other number eights present.

Is it possible that a diligent citizen thwarted some very nefarious plans?  Had another 15 minutes elapsed would there possibly have been New York city firefighters battling 'a blaze'.  If a fire had erupted who would have been blamed for it, and what would the fall out have been.

Some serious questions to ponder me thinks.



No comments: