Saturday, November 13, 2021

Wild Wing in Belleville - Quietly Doing The Right Thing

Friday night I read that Wild Wing in Belleville had lost its liquor liscense due to their failure to require dine-in patons to divulge their vaccination status.  That news changed my dinner plans.  Instead of firing up the BBQ for burgers I headed down the road about 30 minutes for a pick up order of the best wings I've had in ages, maybe ever.

But I'm not writing this as a restaraunt critic.

I'm writing again about my support for businesses that are standing up against these draconian and illegal rules.  My tolerance for the willfully blind who still think any of the insanity of the past 19+ months has anything to do with public health is completely spent.  

Liquor stores and the tobacco industry always deemed essential but health centres and fitness studios forced to close because it's all about health. Yeah right! Next you'll tell me that Jews were spreaders of disease like many Germans were propagandized into believing in the 1930s and 40s thanks to Nazi science.    

Sorry, grow a brain or go read something else.  

I'm actually suprised that google, (the platform this blog is on) hasn't shut me down for the writing I've done going back to April of 2020.  But then this miserable and pathetic little blog only gets read a few hundred times depending on the subject matter....that's "viral" for Canadian Soapbox these days.  

I spoke with the owner of the franchise, Jackie, and the stress and worry was evident in her eyes, this has not been easy on her.  Not that the mandarins enforcing this garbage will care.  They're just following orders, a common excuse used throughout history.  Those dining in are not asked to comply with the clown show masking joke either.  You know the rules about putting one on while standing and taking it off while sitting.  

Utter stupidity that most people just play along with.  

While waiting for my order I saw people come in with masks, watched them drop them below their chins while ordering, then pulling them back up afterwards.  It's theatre of the absurd that would be great fodder for a Monty Python skit.  But nobody gave them a hard time including myself, everyone was civil and polite, masked or not.  

You see enforcement and by-law types everywhere wearing their useless masks and touching the outside material all the time.  If the pointless face diapers did work then that would be completely verboten....they know it's all garbage too.  

In speaking to Jackie we talked a bit about our shared faith in Jesus Christ.  The same Jesus who said I am the way, THE TRUTH and the life.  

How any Bible believing Chrisitan can bow down to the obvious lies being foisted upon the population as "science" is, quite frankly, beyond me.  She's not particularily concerned about the loss of the liquor license, most of the restaraunt sales come from food, and as I said earlier, the wings were absolutely spectacular.  

She knows what is going on in Kingston with Jakk Tuesdays, a Pub Restaraunt I've written about twice before, so she knows what is coming.  The authorities don't give a rat's rosy rear end about health, this is all about compliance. And it is not ending any time soon, in fact I'm convinced it never ends.  Jackie though is not itching for a fight, she is nothing like Adam Skelly.  I can confidently assert that she would just like to be left alone to run her business, complying with genuine rules and regulations regarding health and safety.  

I'm going to implore any enforcement types, if there are any with a shred of integrity left, or if there are any who want to reclaim the integrity they've thrown away....just stop.  Stop harrassing honest businesses that never caused a single issue and go back to doing your jobs.  

And everyone else, if you're in and around the Belleville area show your support for Wild Wing and any other businesses with the courage to fight back.  

Here's the story as reported by CTV news, an orginization I typically view as little more than yellow journalsim, but in this case I think they struck a mostly reasonable tone.    

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/owner-of-ontario-restaurant-that-lost-liquor-licence-for-not-checking-vaccine-status-says-she-isn-t-being-rebellious-1.5663747


No comments: