Saturday, July 28, 2012

Shaving doesn't have to cost a fortune - The 2 buck solution

Guys, if you shave then you've been there.  You head to the drug store or supermarket because you're out of blades for that incredibly fancy razor, you know the one...it looks like a piece of equipment that came off the space shuttle.  A cartridge of four or five blades runs somewhere around $20 if not more, all just to scrape the hair off your face.

Maybe you decide the blades are too expensive, so you buy an even newer and even fancier razor, one that runs on batteries. What the hell, the newer model is on sale because they're promoting it and you can get the razor and 2 blades for maybe $10, thus saving yourself a whopping ten bucks.

Well it doesn't have to be this way.  How does one or two bucks sound?

Here it is, courtesy of discount retailer Dollarama:


Now, I'm all for supporting the local economy and all that, but sometimes enough is enough.  All those advertising campaigns about how much innovation and research went into the newest razor, how it will give you the closest shave ever.  Yeah...even closer than last year's model that was supposed to be the ultimate in razor technology.  I bet they spend more money developing and marketing new razors than the some countries spend on food.  

Razor technology?!?!  Its a piece of plastic that has metal blades in it to scrape unwanted hair off your face, that's it.  Guys, its shaving not cancer treatment, shaving doesn't have to cost and arm and a leg.

And thanks to these razors which I've been using for almost a year now, it doesn't.  Now, the blades don't last as long as the name brands, about a week.   But I'm getting five blades for less than two bucks so I don't care.  

I will concede that the incredibly fancy razors with fifteen blades and razor handles that look like a precision surgical device...they do a little better job.  Sometimes I need to go over an area a second time, big deal.  I'll take the extra minute and keep the $$$ in my wallet.

By the way, if anyone is looking for an old razor handle, I've got them all...the single blade, the double, the triple, and yes even the new 5 blade handle.  I'll trade anyone my old razors for a pack of cheap and effective Dollarama bargains.  

No comments: