We're less than a week away from the 10th year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, 10 years since the biggest conspiracy ever.
Don't bristle at the use of the word "conspiracy". That 9/11 was a conspiracy is not in doubt. The only question is who were the conspirators. The official story is that it was Muslim extremists who conspired to attack the heart of American capitalism because Islamic extremists hate the freedoms enjoyed by citizens of the U.S.A. Others have suggested that there was involvement to one degree or another by U.S. security and/or intelligence agencies.
Conspiracy is one of the most common, (if not the most common) criminal charges laid in our courts. By simple definition it means: An agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act. In other words two or more people acting together. We're not talking about the assassination of JFK here, where the lone gunman theory endorsed by the Warren Commission discounted evidence of a conspiracy.
But like the shooting of Kennedy, questions about 9/11 are still around and far too many have yet to be answered.
- Why all the secrecy and foot dragging on having an investigation into the attacks?
- Why did building 7 collapse so perfectly when it wasn't even hit by a plane?
- Who profited from all the short selling on stocks like UAL just before 9/11?
- Where did the anthrax used to terrorize U.S. lawmakers come from, and why were laced letters made to look like they were coming from Islamic extremists?
- Why did the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania practically disintegrate?
There are lots of questions out there, just go to 9/11 Truth Alliance for a quick primer.
Like the Kennedy assassination I suspect this will remain a riddle for a very long time to come. Do I buy the official version? No, there are far too many holes, too many unanswered - and in the case of mainstream corporate media - unasked questions.
There's too much evidence of widespread foreknowledge of the attacks in my opinion to fully accept the official conspiracy. But without a concerted and fully open inquiry I doubt we'll ever have all the answers. Maybe Oliver Stone's grand kids will put out a movie in another 25 years.
Click the button below to vote for Canadian Soapbox at CanadianBlogosphere, then click green.
(You can vote once every day)