Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Sunday January 9th 2021 at 11AM - Come and worship in Brighton Ontario's Proctor Park

For much of 2021 I was travelling wherever there was a church gathering.  I went to Aylmer several times as well as Waterloo, Napanee, Oshawa and downtown Toronto.  Indoors or outdoors, it made no difference, church isn't a building, it's the assembly of people gathered to worship God in Spirit and in Truth.  

In my little corner of Ontario the churches have too often been closed, frequently opting to conduct worship via on-line streaming.  For me on-line church doesn't work, it's like trying to warm yourself by turning on that fireplace TV channel during the Christmas season, there's no heat.  It has been on my heart for a long time now to put myself out there, that if nobody in this area is willing to lead a worship service, that I should try and do it myself.

This is something that is out of my comfort zone, I'm far more at ease being part of worship, not in leading a service.  I haven't been to seminary or Bible college or anything, but I am in 'The Word' daily and in prayer.  Those who read scripture will know of course, that God often calls on people to leave their comfort zones.  Moses didn't feel equipped to deliver the Hebrew slaves out of bondage in Egypt, Jonah tried to run from delivering a warning to Nineveh.  Compared to those epic Biblical stories leading a worshp service in a park in small town Eastern Ontario is nothing...so I'm going to do it and leave the results up to God.

I don't know how many people will come, I think it'll be at least 6 or 7, but it might be more.  Word is getting out and I am getting some positive feedback, including from an associate pastor friend.  As the subject line says, it will be at 11AM on Sunday January 9th in Brighton's Proctor Park.  We'll have singing, fellowship and God's word.  

The message will be that in God's eyes we are all essential. 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Proctor+Park+Conservation+Area/@44.0459548,-77.7418463,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x51972d107919a44e!8m2!3d44.0459548!4d-77.7418463


No comments: